Add image descriptions in WordPress
To help improve SEO for your WordPress site, follow these steps to add or edit image descriptions.
- Visit your website, right-click on your home page, and click View Page Source.
- Search for an image tag (<img>).
- Within the <img> tag, look for the "alt" attribute and confirm that it describes the image. For example, an image tag for a picture of a sunset might be alt=”sunset”, and the tag would look like this: <img src=”sunset.jpg” alt=”sunset”>
- If there are any images that do not have values in the alt attribute:
- In your admin menu choose Media.
- Click on the image that needs a description to edit it.
- Add the description to the alt field.
- Repeat steps for any additional images that need descriptions.