Online Store lets you configure how you collect tax payments. You have the option to choose your customers' tax percentage by country or region and, in some cases, by state or province as well. In most cases, this option only needs to be set one time.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Go to the Settings tab and click Tax.
- To change from the default (No Tax), click Edit to open the Add Tax Rate window.
- Select a Country/Region — the list contains more than 200 countries.
- To match the tax set up of a particular location, Online Store offers you two choices:
In State/Province menu: Result Choose 'All States/Provinces' Applies a tax rate at the country/region level Choose any 'State/Province' Applies a tax rate at the state/province level
Note: See Step 10 to apply a national and state/province tax.
- The Display in checkout field is filled automatically based on your previous choices, but you can enter another label if that makes it clearer for your storefront customers.
- Enter a Tax rate for the location. (You can set a different rate for each location you add). You also can select My prices already include tax for individual tax locations, including those that use a “Value Added Tax (VAT)."
- Click Save to apply the location's settings and return to the Taxes window.
- Click Remove and Edit in the Taxes window to change an existing tax location.
- To apply a second tax rate, for example one for a Country/Region and another for a State/Province, click Add another tax location below the first tax.
- Repeat these steps to add a second rate for a state or province.