Evaluate site performance with GTmetrix
You can use GTmetrix to analyze the load time of your website, and use the results to determine how to speed it up.
- Go to the GTmetrix site.
- Enter your domain where it says "Enter URL to Analyze"
- Click Analyze.
- Review the Performance Scores section to view overall scores for your site's performace.
- Review the Page Details section some specifics about load time, page size, and number of requests.
- Review the YSlow tab and look for suggestions to add expires headers, or make fewer HTTP requests on your site.
- The results may conclude you can improve the speed of your site by optimizing your images.