I can't access my multi-factor authentication method
Clear a user's multi-factor authentication (MFA) method so it can be set up again, such as if they lost their phone or uninstalled the Microsoft Authenticator app. This won't delete the sign-in method, so users should manage MFA to edit or delete a method after it's cleared. We recommend adding another sign-in method in case there's ever an issue with the primary method.
These instructions are for Microsoft 365 accounts. If you're trying to sign in to your GoDaddy account, cancel two-step verification (2SV) instead.
- Sign in to the multi-factor authentication page. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
- Select the checkbox next to the user having MFA changed.
- Under quick steps, select Manage user settings.
- Select the Require selected users to provide contact methods again checkbox.
- Select save. The user can now set up MFA again.