Set file or directory permissions in my cPanel hosting account
You can set different permissions for each file and directory in your cPanel hosting account. In this way, you can control who has access to your files and what actions they can perform on files within those directories. For more information, see Linux permissions definitions.
- Log in to your GoDaddy cPanel hosting account. (Need help opening your account?)
- In the upper left corner of the account Dashboard, click File Manager.
- In the cPanel File Manager page, navigate to the file or directory whose permissions you want to modify, and then click Permissions.
- Make changes as needed, and then click Change Permissions.
- For File Manager help, see the cPanel documentation.