Set file or directory permissions in my Linux Hosting account
Use the cPanel File Manager to set different permissions for each file and directory in your Linux Hosting account. In this way, you can control who has access to your files and what actions they can perform on files within those directories. For more information, see Linux permissions definitions.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the upper left corner of the account Dashboard, click File Manager.
- In the cPanel File Manager, navigate to the file or directory whose permissions you want to modify, and then click Permissions.
- Make changes as needed, and then click Change Permissions.
- For File Manager help, see the cPanel documentation.